Thursday, October 18, 2007

Quick Post-Show Note (Better Nate Than Lever)

Hey folks. Sorry it's taken me so long to update after the GO! show, but things went well and we've been VERY busy since. My partner, Michael was chosen to be an artist in the Downtown Contemporary Art Center (DCAC) here in Albuquerque and we've been busy moving him into Studio 16. It's nothing less than a major leap forward for Michael and his art.

The GO! show was a total success. We met hundreds of people who were among the thousands who stopped by our booths in the three days of the show. This year's extravaganza was well attended and had great entertainment. For those of you who could stop by, thanks! For those who missed it, we look forward to seeing you at the next show.

Most exciting, we met a few "art types" who buy lots of art for various TV and film productions being completed here in New Mexico. Those folks expressed an interest in our stuff and want to meet with us when they're back in the state during the upcoming flurry of productions being completed. For those who don't know, New Mexico is one of the major movie production locations in the world these days. The state has matched the perfect weather and scenery with huge tax incentives, so things are busy here on that front.

Looking forward, beyond this event: with the holidays approaching, we intend to stay busy with one or two holiday shows. If you have looked at my website and would like an original of something you liked, I promise you that I can make it an affordable gift for you and yours.

What I learned about my art from this year's show is that I'm never going to repeat something from year to year (I only repeated three pieces this year from last). That's good for anyone who wants something of mine. Anyone who purchases one of my pieces can be assured that it is a one-of-a-kind work of art. Full disclosure: there are a few exceptions, namely the World Trade Center Montage. But that piece is going to be limited to 100 prints. Everything else will be numbered 1/1. It makes for more exciting art-making for me and it makes each piece mean a little more.

I'll be updating everyone on the DCAC news in a future blog. Suffice it to say, that it's a big, big deal for Michael to now be one of the artists in that prestigious community. I'll include a link to some of their stuff, but feel free to Google them.

Finally, the first actual voting in the presidential election is not far away. Time for the political commentary to crank up a bit. Of course, if you disagree with my views, please post a comment (REALLY!). That's what democracy is all about, right folks?

Best to you and yours.

No comments: